Appliance Repair Forum

Profile Picture

OUT OF BALANCE REAL BAD WHEN SPINNING DRY

Posted By johndqjr Last Year
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
KENMORE MODEL 110 25732 WASHING MACHINE PURCHASED APPROX. 1995 IS TOTALLY OUT OF BALANCE WHEN SPINNING DRY.  THE TUB IS NOT JUST MOVING SLIGHTLY BUT IS BANGING AROUND AND EVEN POUNDING AGAINST INSIDE FRONT OF WASHER.....SEEMS LIKE IT'S MOVING 2 TO 3 INCHES IN ALL DIRECTIONS BEING UNBALANCED.  I CAN PUT MY HANDS ON RIM ABOVE TUB WHEN NOT RUNNING AND MOVE IN ALL DIRECTIONS WITH VERY LITTLE RESISTANCE.

I PRINTED OUT A PARTS DIAGRAM AND SOME INSTRUCTIONS, AND THEN TURNED THE WASHER OVER ON THE FRONT SO I COULD LOOK BENEATH.  I FOUND ONE SPRING THAT WAS DISCONNECTED AND THOUGHT THAT MUST BE THE PROBLEM AND RECONNECTED IT.  THE OTHER SPRINGS LOOK TO BE OK.  THEN WASHED A LOAD OF CLOTHES AND IT STILL IS OUT OF BALANCE SAME AS BEFORE.  I CHECKED TO BE SURE THE WASHER IS LEVEL AND IT IS.  THE WASHER WASHES GOOD AND I JUST WANT TO FIX SPIN BALANCE PROBLEM IF I CAN.

ANY SUGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.  THANK YOU.

Woody1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Technician

Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 1 days ago @ 11:36:39 AM
Thank you for your question .

But in order to assist you I nee your unit COMPLETE model number ?

model 110 25732 is not a complete number.

Woody

Please remember our sponsors Appliance Zone .Com, Thrifty Appliance Parts.Com, and Speedy Appliance Parts.Com
 when working on your Appliances and ordering ANY Appliance parts.

And remember they do have the lowest parts prices on the internet,
Remember this is free Technical  advise and The Appliance Repair Forum nor Our Sponsors Appliance Zone.Com, Thrifty Appliance Parts.Com and Speedy Appliance Parts.Com can be responsible for the answer to your post!
I am going off the information You provide Me!
If you are happy with our Assistance Please let our Sponsors  Appliance.Zone .Com, Thrifty Appliance Parts .Com, And Speedy Appliance Parts .com 
 know!

johndqjr
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)Supreme Being (229 reputation)

Thank you for your reply....sorry I didn't provide the complete model number.  Following is the complete information I found on the washing machine:

Kenmore Model # 110.92573210

Stock # 25732

Serial # CE1849755

Amps 10......Hz60.....120 volts

I hope this gives you the information you need to assist me.  Thank you very much.

Woody1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Technician

Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)Technician (26,110 reputation)

ok

you are going about working on this unit the wrong way .

Set it back up right and remover the outer cabinet

And then you can jump the lid switch and actually watch the unit run .

Here is a video on the cabinst removal .

CLICK HERE

Woody

Please remember our sponsors Appliance Zone .Com, Thrifty Appliance Parts.Com, and Speedy Appliance Parts.Com

Remember this is free Technical  advise and The Appliance Repair Forum nor Our Sponsors Appliance Zone.Com, Thrifty Appliance Parts.Com and Speedy Appliance Parts.Com can be responsible for the answer to your post!
If you are happy with our Assistance Please let our Sponsors  Appliance.Zone .Com, Thrifty Appliance Parts .Com, And Speedy Appliance Parts .com 
 know!

johndqjr
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

The lid switch was/has been disconnected and I can watch the washer spin dry as it is happening.  The thing is TOTALLY OUT OF BALANCE ! ! !  I stop it and balance the things that are spinning and it has no effect......it still is way out of balance.  I watched the video you sent me and that really is no help.

Any more suggestions?  Are there other things that need replacing to stop it from knocking around while spinning?  I can't find my owners manual and wonder if there is a website I can go to to find an owners manual and a parts breakdown for my washer (complete model # shown in my reply to your first relpy to my orginal post).

Thank you for your help.

Woody1
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Technician

THe video I sent you was just to show you how to remove the cabinet only

OK here is another video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUJ3GJMAyA)it shows  how to remove the inner basket (on top of the inner basket is a balance ring that  has liquid in it to keep the unit balanced during spin .

the video part I need to see starts around 3 min and the inner basket is removed from the unit at the 4 min mark .

Shake the basket side to side to see if you hear the liquid sloshing around in the ring .

If not look at the top of the basket at the plastic ring to see if it has had a holes  that have been rubbed in it so the liquid has leaked out .

Let me know?

Woody

know!